Is hormonal birth control safe?
First of all,read the risks - a 40% greater risk of heart attack, stroke and thrombosis - that's on the prescribing info, that no one reads!
Secondly, the elephant in the room is that the hormones, all of them, greatly raise the risk for cancer of all kinds especially uterine and breast cancer. Unless you listen to Dr Oz who now says the birth control meds are cancer protective! He also advocates gastric bypass, a procedure which has been dropped by many surgeons due to the risks!
Consider the following from scientific sources :
(1) Since 1975 there has been a 400% increase in in situ breast cancer among pre-menopausal women under 50 years old. This mirrors the increased use of birth control over these same years. In situ is a medical term which means “at the location.”
(2) > A Mayo Clinic study confirms that any young girl or woman who is on hormonal birth control for 4 years prior to their first full term pregnancy increases their breast cancer risk by 52%.
(3) Women who use hormonal birth control for more than 5 years are four times more likely to develop cervical cancer.
(4) The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), a research arm of the World Health Organization, classifies all forms of hormonal contraception as a Group 1 carcinogen. This group of cancer causing agents also includes cigarettes and asbestos.
(5) Why is it that the FDA can require cigarette manufacturers to place warning labels and real life photos of corpses on cigarette packages to warn consumers of the health dangers yet they, in turn, take an equally harmful substance (hormonal birth control) and force companies to give it away free to young girls without parental consent and woman of all ages? For high school boys and men to take steroid drugs, it is a crime. Whereas girls and women taking steroid drugs (i.e. hormonal birth control) are now treated as if they are taking a sacred, life preserving vitamin that women cannot live without.
(6) In October 2010 the NY Times carried an article about Hormone Replacement Therapy drugs. It quoted the America Medical Association (AMA) as warning women that these post-menopausal drugs which were originally marketed as keeping a women “young and sexy” were discovered instead to be more likely to cause advanced and deadly breast cancer.
(7) It stopped short of making one other startling revelation: The only difference between hormone replacement therapy drugs which cause deadly breast cancer and the hormonal birth control drugs (now mandated by the Obama administration) is that the birth control drugs are six times the dosage---and are the very same drug!
Does birth control cut down the number of abortions?
Nope, not according to statistics... Planned Parenthood reports that 60% of the abortions they sell are due to failed birth control... The pill is only 60-70% effective!
Is the IUD any safer?
According to this article, besides irritating the womb and causing a fertilized egg to abort, the IUD releases birth control hormones into the body.
Finally what about the so called morning after pill?
Well, it's 6 times the dosage of regular birth control medication. So do the math!
The only difference between hormone replacement therapy drugs which cause deadly breast cancer and the hormonal birth control drugs ... is that the birth control drugs are six times the dosage---and are the very same drug!
If you are a medical provider and have prescribed these medications or devices for someone who trusts you and they get a heart attack or stroke or cancer, are they going to thank you then?
This nurse asks why when we warn about cigarettes, we do not warn about the cancer risks of hormonal birth control medication...a question I've often asked also..
"Any way you name it, these hormone drugs dispense poison into a woman’s body."
Click here to read article - note article includes links to scientific sources!